Although Dillon has worked in Saint John for decades, our office was officially opened in April of 2005. Since then, we have grown at a rapid pace to serve our clients’ needs.
We are proud to provide a wide range of consulting and engineering services including civil/municipal engineering, water/wastewater systems design, environmental engineering, transportation engineering, planning, and structural engineering.
Saint John, Canada’s oldest incorporated city, is the industrial heartland of Atlantic Canada. The Greater Saint John Area is fortunate to include four vibrant municipalities that strongly benefit from the advantages of shared partnerships. Grand Bay-Westfield, Quispamsis, Rothesay and Saint John offer a unique blend of resources that, when combined, create a region of even greater opportunity. The Greater Saint John Area is the largest urban centre in New Brunswick and is a proud region that boasts several unique characteristics:
- Saint John City Market was Canada’s first common-law market established by Royal Charter in 1785.
- First chartered bank – Bank of New Brunswick (1820).
- First police force (1826).
- First public museum in Canada (1842).
- First steam fog whistle in Canada was erected in 1854 on Partridge Island.
- First all steel bridge in Canada was erected across the Reversing Falls on the Saint John River in 1884.
- First town planning act in Canada was passed by Saint John Common Council in 1912.
- First tri-level government urban renewal project 1960.
- Home to the only golf course in Atlantic Canada to host the Canadian Open.